Happy 2012~
I can't believe how much time has gone by without a post. It's not because I stopped forging forward. I guess if I'm being honest, I was just tired from all the structure...I needed a break from it all.
And I spent this "down time" training for the Disney Marathon. No rest for weary, or so I thought. Unfortunately, it didn't end the way it started out. 3/4 of the way through my training, I started suffering from an IT band issue that got increasingly worse. By the end of the training, I wasn't able to run more than 5 miles without my right knee giving out on me...well, that's not good. I headed to Disney anyway, showed up to the starting line knowing I wouldn't see the finish line but feeling positive anyway. After all, I did a lot of the training and I was brave enough to start something I was pretty sure I couldn't finish. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely disappointed, but what was I going to do? I wasn't going to be able to stay upright for 26 miles that much I knew for sure!! However, I was hoping to at least get to Cinderella's Castle, it's my favorite part. Well, 2 miles into the race and I knew the castle wasn't an option, not today. I just hoped I could make it to 4 1/2 miles where I knew I could easily get off the course and back to where we dropped our gear off so I could change into my spectating clothes...see I was already mentally prepared. All was not lost, I was still able to cheer my mom and sister on during the half marathon and my friend Kim who did the Goofy challenge (the 1/2 on Saturday and full on Sunday) she is a rock star! Then there was being able to cheer on Ron, Sunday, who had an amazing day and my newest friend & training partner, Christi, who also had a PR day...there will be other races and I have no doubt I will be competing in them. For the time being it's time to rest and refocus.
It's a new year and time to set new goals and choose my schedule for 2012 - Here's what I'm thinking:
Pittsburgh 1/2 Marathon - May 6
MS150 - Pedal the Lakes - June
Dam Tri - Olympic distance - June
Morraine - Sprint tri - July
Cincinnatti Olympic Tri or Musselman - July
Full AquaVelo (2.4 mile swim; 112 mile bike)- Rev3 Cedar Point - September
1/2 Ironman - Beaches to Battleship SC or USAT Club Nationals Oaklahoma - November
Stay tuned - that looks like an interesting schedule and a challenging journey. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you.
Traci, I am just reading this now... all i have to say is you are amazing no matter what!
ReplyDelete